Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fishing Trip In February

Me and Renee my wife went out last weekend to Lake Fork to go crappie fishing on yes you guessed it, Valentines Day! So, on the way to the lake I was feeling pretty good to offer up a challenge to Renee, Oh by the way we are extremely competitive, the challenge was I will be fishing crappie jigs only vs her live minnows. Needless to say she was pretty fired up about that and told me that she would kick my butt. And as soon as we pulled up to the bridge pillions in 34 feet of water she drops here line first & got bit, in fact she had 3 crappie in the boat to my one. We got out there at 9:00am wind was 15 mph, it was 44 degrees with wind chill 38 degrees and water temp was at 56 degrees and the crappie were on the bottom. So as our 3 hour trip ended Renee had 14 crappie to my 10 and yes she tore me up but only by 4 crappie. The largest crappie caught was mine at 2.3 lbs. So we were both happy she had the quantity and I had the largest this time! - by Robert Tannery

No comments: